Go Back   Forums > Rewards1 > News & Announcements
New Posts
 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2017, 06:56 PM   #1
bean
Rank:
STAFF
Trade: 18   0

 
 
Join Date: Sep 1, 2007
Posts: 152
Default bitcoin fees are insanity

due to the ever increasing price of bitcoin and the associated surge in transaction volume (along with blockchain limitations), fees for bitcoin transfers have risen dramatically, fluctuate wildly, and are quickly reaching ridiculous-land.

to illustrate, for the past month bitcoin payouts, which average around $5 - $10, have incurred fees which range anywhere from 50% - 150%!

as a result, we regretfully can no longer offer "fee-less" bitcoin payouts. as well, we had to take down our automated bitcoin payment system, as transfer fees are dynamically calculated and impossible to know ahead of time.

despite all this, we would still like to offer the option of bitcoin as payment [as bitcoin is quite the hot commodity/investment these days]. if you're willing to cover the transaction fee, submit a custom request for the amount you'd like to redeem for. prize claims will respond through a support ticket to inform you the value of bitcoins you'll actually get (after fees), and you will have the choice to proceed or decline the transaction. be aware that fees may change from the time of the initial quote to the actual transaction due to the dynamic nature of transfer fees.

we suggest that bitcoin cashouts be saved for larger amounts, as transaction fees can be anywhere from $3-5 to $10-15.
bean is offline  
Old 12-07-2017, 08:14 PM   #2
LiMiTx
Rank:
LEGEND
Trade: 70   0

 
 
Join Date: May 20, 2014
Location: ye
Posts: 379
Send a message via ICQ to LiMiTx Send a message via AIM to LiMiTx Send a message via MSN to LiMiTx Send a message via Yahoo to LiMiTx Send a message via Skype™ to LiMiTx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
due to the ever increasing price of bitcoin and the associated surge in transaction volume (along with blockchain limitations), fees for bitcoin transfers have risen dramatically, fluctuate wildly, and are quickly reaching ridiculous-land.

to illustrate, for the past month bitcoin payouts, which average around $5 - $10, have incurred fees which range anywhere from 50% - 150%!

as a result, we regretfully can no longer offer "fee-less" bitcoin payouts. as well, we had to take down our automated bitcoin payment system, as transfer fees are dynamically calculated and impossible to know ahead of time.

despite all this, we would still like to offer the option of bitcoin as payment [as bitcoin is quite the hot commodity/investment these days]. if you're willing to cover the transaction fee, submit a custom request for the amount you'd like to redeem for. prize claims will respond through a support ticket to inform you the value of bitcoins you'll actually get (after fees), and you will have the choice to proceed or decline the transaction. be aware that fees may change from the time of the initial quote to the actual transaction due to the dynamic nature of transfer fees.

we suggest that bitcoin cashouts be saved for larger amounts, as transaction fees can be anywhere from $3-5 to $10-15.
add ethereum auto cashouts or something, fee hasn't been jacked up there yet

also sign my profile plz k thx love u beanie boo <3333
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyhersfa View Post
Now it is not the Communists but our own government that seeks our slavery, spies on us and gives us less and less while taking more and more. The biggest hollow rabbit of all to me is the American people. We are lazy, scared and apathetic.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE IM PICKLE DIIIIICCCCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! WUBALUBADUBDUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

i <3 systematicgal3k2!! i really hope we get married some day

Last edited by LiMiTx; 12-09-2017 at 11:59 PM. Reason: signaturetotallynotspam
LiMiTx is offline  
Old 12-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #3
Ihtbooboo
Rank:
ELITE
Trade: 28   0

 
 
Join Date: Jun 8, 2009
Posts: 1,088
Default

That is crazy fees!

How much is eth fees joni?
__________________


CLUB IHT

DRAGON SLAYERS : randomguy2K3, lakesbrian, awesomeness2800, Dynastuz, Mavarin, Seattle

GUILD MASTERS: Trust, mrmean80, KeatonPotatoes,

THE EXCEED: Herrium01, Elysium, xandryx1, yopsolo, Ginganx, cjred007, Fabstone

S CLASS WIZARDS : Shyshy
Ihtbooboo is offline  
Old 12-07-2017, 10:23 PM   #4
LiMiTx
Rank:
LEGEND
Trade: 70   0

 
 
Join Date: May 20, 2014
Location: ye
Posts: 379
Send a message via ICQ to LiMiTx Send a message via AIM to LiMiTx Send a message via MSN to LiMiTx Send a message via Yahoo to LiMiTx Send a message via Skype™ to LiMiTx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihtbooboo View Post
That is crazy fees!

How much is eth fees joni?
Technically the fees for all cryptocurrencies are specified by the sender... you can even set no fee if you really want but it'll likely take a while to be confirmed. You can still get away with pretty low fees on eth and get fast confirmations,

for example, this random transaction:
https://etherscan.io/tx/0xef22d2ba76...68c5966058ce62

submitted 2 mins ago with less than a penny in fees ($0.00874) currently and it already has 9 confirmations... gdax, coinbase's exchange, requires 50 confirmations for eth before it's accepted. So that transaction would be through with virtually no fees in 10 minutes.

That is a somewhat large transaction though compared to the avg cashouts here, around $84... Still, I haven't seen any fees over 50-70 ish cents for any transactions, even small ones (although personally I have purposefully raised the gas price in my eth wallet to 60 gwei from the standard 21, because I have money to waste and like fast sht)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyhersfa View Post
Now it is not the Communists but our own government that seeks our slavery, spies on us and gives us less and less while taking more and more. The biggest hollow rabbit of all to me is the American people. We are lazy, scared and apathetic.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE IM PICKLE DIIIIICCCCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! WUBALUBADUBDUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

i <3 systematicgal3k2!! i really hope we get married some day

Last edited by LiMiTx; 12-09-2017 at 11:59 PM.
LiMiTx is offline  
Old 12-08-2017, 05:02 PM   #5
rick322
Rank:
ELITE
Trade: 7   0

 
 
Join Date: Aug 15, 2013
Posts: 178
Default

transaction fee on coin base is up to $17
rick322 is offline  
Old 12-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
LiMiTx
Rank:
LEGEND
Trade: 70   0

 
 
Join Date: May 20, 2014
Location: ye
Posts: 379
Send a message via ICQ to LiMiTx Send a message via AIM to LiMiTx Send a message via MSN to LiMiTx Send a message via Yahoo to LiMiTx Send a message via Skype™ to LiMiTx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick322 View Post
transaction fee on coin base is up to $17
well yeah but that's partially because coinbase is retarded

the average tx fee on all transactions is currently floating at around $7-8

if you use an actual wallet liek electrum or sum shiz, you can change the fee to almost nothing and get it confirmed after a while. U gotta be okay with waiting though.

edit:
actually btc & eth tx fees seem to have spiked since just yesterday or today... avg btc tx fee is $27 rn and for eth it's just over $1, it'll probably go back down pretty soon though https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison...s-btc-eth.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyhersfa View Post
Now it is not the Communists but our own government that seeks our slavery, spies on us and gives us less and less while taking more and more. The biggest hollow rabbit of all to me is the American people. We are lazy, scared and apathetic.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE IM PICKLE DIIIIICCCCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! WUBALUBADUBDUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

i <3 systematicgal3k2!! i really hope we get married some day

Last edited by LiMiTx; 12-09-2017 at 11:59 PM. Reason: gimme my heckin sig ramen... also pretty sure u can legit edit it instead of disabling it in the modcp... idk if the modcp link was removed yet tho
LiMiTx is offline  
Old 12-09-2017, 01:53 PM   #7
Swiggityswoty
Rank:
ELITE
Trade: 0   0

 
 
Join Date: May 11, 2016
Posts: 17
Default

bitcoins are crashing now though, just went down 2k usd
Swiggityswoty is offline  
Old 12-09-2017, 11:53 PM   #8
LiMiTx
Rank:
LEGEND
Trade: 70   0

 
 
Join Date: May 20, 2014
Location: ye
Posts: 379
Send a message via ICQ to LiMiTx Send a message via AIM to LiMiTx Send a message via MSN to LiMiTx Send a message via Yahoo to LiMiTx Send a message via Skype™ to LiMiTx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiggityswoty View Post
bitcoins are crashing now though, just went down 2k usd
that wasn't a crash at all, cryptos are volatile af, going from 16-18k to 14k isn't that much rn, dats only liek a 12-22% ish decrease, which isn't that uncommon from time to time with cryptoshts. i think the recent sht was cuz of sum sht with nicehash bein h4x0r3d, but idrk i'm not really in the scene rn
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyhersfa View Post
Now it is not the Communists but our own government that seeks our slavery, spies on us and gives us less and less while taking more and more. The biggest hollow rabbit of all to me is the American people. We are lazy, scared and apathetic.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE IM PICKLE DIIIIICCCCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! WUBALUBADUBDUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

i <3 systematicgal3k2!! i really hope we get married some day

Last edited by rmsoft1; 12-10-2017 at 01:32 PM.
LiMiTx is offline  
Old 12-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #9
rick322
Rank:
ELITE
Trade: 7   0

 
 
Join Date: Aug 15, 2013
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiMiTx View Post
well yeah but that's partially because coinbase is retarded

the average tx fee on all transactions is currently floating at around $7-8

if you use an actual wallet liek electrum or sum shiz, you can change the fee to almost nothing and get it confirmed after a while. U gotta be okay with waiting though.

edit:
actually btc & eth tx fees seem to have spiked since just yesterday or today... avg btc tx fee is $27 rn and for eth it's just over $1, it'll probably go back down pretty soon though https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison...s-btc-eth.html

Converting them to chain link, not interested into holding onto bitcoins, unless there is a major crash then ill buy more
rick322 is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 01:57 PM   #10
Sawedoff
Rank:
ROOKIE
Trade: 0   0

 
 
Join Date: Aug 7, 2015
Posts: 1
Default

Smart move for you guys. They really have gotten out of hand.
Sawedoff is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump