How to Custom Request

It’s a very common question I see in the shoutbox and when mentoring. So here’s a guide for those who need to explain how custom request works or for the ones who have never custom requested a prize before.

Step 1: Find a BUYABLE prize you want on the internet. (plz don’t order love)

Make sure to choose a reputable seller/vendor. R1 also has a list of preferred vendors (shown below).

For this example I’ll be buying a CD by Lindsey Stirling (because Lindsey ftw)

Step 2: Calculate points needed in order to redeem prize.

Okay, so the base price of the CD is $12.81.

But wait! you also have to pay the shipping+tax with points. I find the shipping by adding it to my personal amazon account and getting to the checkout page, but not actually checking out. You can also use the estimate shipping+tax option amazon offers before checking out.

So the total price is actually $13.96. In order to convert that to points, multiple the price by 100. 13.96 x 100 = 1396 pts.

Step 3: Go to the “Redeem” tab and click “Custom Request”

You’ll get this page:

Step 4: Fill out form accordingly.

If you want to buy from a certain seller on amazon/a similar site, say so in the comments so staff can buy from your preferred seller.

The minimum amount of points needed to custom request is 500 points (or $5). If the item you want is less than $5, you’d still have to pay the minimum of 500 points.

If you have enough points and your account is in good standing, then you should get a green bar on the top of the screen that looks like this:

Step 5: Pat self on back and wait for prize to be approved.

Prize Approval Times Per Rank (start counting the day after request, don’t count weekends/holidays):
Rookies/Juniors: 0-3 days
Seniors+: 0-1 day
Prizes from non-approved vendors may take longer

This is a great guide.

You made me lol, +10 points for you :wink:

you can order love http://store.steampowered.com/app/269270/

soooo question… it comes in like 0-3 days??? i just ordered a ultimate game card. ad i’m really afraid that it won’t come… will it??? and how long would it take for a rookie like me???

It’ll come… and for rookies it’s still 0-3 days. When you’re senior and above it’s going to be 0-1 day.

wait wait wait a email came and then it said this

"We regret to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your reward requests at this time. Your reward request has been placed on hold due to activity identified by our system as high risk. Account age, user level, and credit card offers are some of the factors we use to determine risk. Your request will be placed on hold for a period no less than NET30, ie. the end of the next month, as we wait for approval from our sponsors.

Please note that your account is still active, and you may continue to use the site normally.

We apologise for any inconvenience,

Rewards1 Support"

…what does that mean??
also how do you get a higher rank?

[QUOTE=Buffetship;41505]wait wait wait a email came and then it said this

"We regret to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your reward requests at this time. Your reward request has been placed on hold due to activity identified by our system as high risk. Account age, user level, and credit card offers are some of the factors we use to determine risk. Your request will be placed on hold for a period no less than NET30, ie. the end of the next month, as we wait for approval from our sponsors.

Please note that your account is still active, and you may continue to use the site normally.

We apologise for any inconvenience,

Rewards1 Support"

…what does that mean??
also how do you get a higher rank?[/QUOTE]

You probably did an offer/survey that gave you 200 or more points. Offers that give you 200+ points are considered “high risk” and they will put your prize on hold in case the offer reverses. Prizes on hold for high risk will be fulfilled at the end of the month, plus another month, so in your case your prize will be fulfilled at the end of August, plus another month, so September 30.

…crap. i did a survey that gave me 275 points… FFFFF

:frowning: Well you can earn more pts for your next prize while you wait… or just chill in the chat box with everyone :stuck_out_tongue: