Go Back   Forums > General > Gaming

Old 07-15-2017, 07:35 AM   #1
DeductedCargo
LEGEND
Trade: 10   0

Default Broken hdmi port PS4

HDMI port at the back is broken. Have had it for 2 years. Didn't drop it, move it, nudge it. Woke up one morning tried turning it on and the audio works but no video comes up. Changed the hdmi cables loads even bought new ones. Put it into safe mode and still nothing. Sony trying to charge me 130 to repair something that isn't my fault. Anyway I could try and finesse a free repair or a whole new ps4 for free. It doesn't even look broken so must be a motherboard issue.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #2
LiMiTx
LEGEND
Trade: 70   0

Send a message via ICQ to LiMiTx Send a message via AIM to LiMiTx Send a message via MSN to LiMiTx Send a message via Yahoo to LiMiTx Send a message via Skype™ to LiMiTx

did you try turning it off and on again?
Old 07-15-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
DeductedCargo
LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiMiTx View Post
did you try turning it off and on again?
yeah many times, tried it on a different tv still nothing etc.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:48 AM   #4
LiMiTx
LEGEND

Send a message via ICQ to LiMiTx Send a message via AIM to LiMiTx Send a message via MSN to LiMiTx Send a message via Yahoo to LiMiTx Send a message via Skype™ to LiMiTx

if ur lucky (and willing to open it up), it'll be sumthin as simple as this, with just an extra connection being made between two pins where the hdmi port meets the board:

a bigger possibility is that ur ps4's hdmi chip is fked up, u can try opening it up and seeing if the panasonic hdmi chip thingy looks like its damaged but u might not be able to see whether it is or not,

if you're sure the hdmi chip is damaged, the chip itself isn't that expensive, so (unless you feel like you're skilled enough and comfortable enough to remove the current chip, and put the new one in) you can try going to a repair shop and ask about it. i always diy my sht i dont think ive ever stepped into one of those so idk how the pricing is, but gl joni
Old 07-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #5
DeductedCargo
LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiMiTx View Post
if ur lucky (and willing to open it up), it'll be sumthin as simple as this, with just an extra connection being made between two pins where the hdmi port meets the board:

a bigger possibility is that ur ps4's hdmi chip is fked up, u can try opening it up and seeing if the panasonic hdmi chip thingy looks like its damaged but u might not be able to see whether it is or not,

if you're sure the hdmi chip is damaged, the chip itself isn't that expensive, so (unless you feel like you're skilled enough and comfortable enough to remove the current chip, and put the new one in) you can try going to a repair shop and ask about it. i always diy my sht i dont think ive ever stepped into one of those so idk how the pricing is, but gl joni
Called them up and they ain't willing to repair it for free they trying to charge me 125 and wait like 25 days lmao. Warranty only lasts a year with ps4s and my ps4 is 3 years old apparently. Either need to fix myself (highly doubt), get sony to fix it or find some shop or website to fix it online. Thing is I don't know the exact problem if its the hdmi port or the motherboard.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #6
LiMiTx
LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeductedCargo View Post
Called them up and they ain't willing to repair it for free they trying to charge me 125 and wait like 25 days lmao. Warranty only lasts a year with ps4s and my ps4 is 3 years old apparently. Either need to fix myself (highly doubt), get sony to fix it or find some shop or website to fix it online. Thing is I don't know the exact problem if its the hdmi port or the motherboard.
A shop might be able to diagnose it as well but idk. If you have a torx scredriver set u can try opening it and see if there's anything painfully obvious
Old 08-04-2017, 10:19 PM   #7
Insideraptor
ELITE
Trade: 115   0

sounds like moisture/water damage to me
Battlenets: Azul#11145 (plat), Riddler#11439(gold), Dogs#11149(masters)

Steam id: insideraptor
steam username: serraptr
Old 08-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #8
thegreatone
LEGEND
Trade: 38   0

This is why im always putting itemn like that in a safe place out of sun or any sort of water damage i would say in my opionion i agree with what limit is saying could be a easy fix shouldnt cost much to fix it. Have had my ps4 for little longer then yours and still going strong
Old 08-12-2017, 06:51 AM   #9
jomberiini
VETERAN
Trade: 18   0

sucks to be you then. but yeah probably not such an expensive repair. chat is gone and i am annoy

All hail the best staff "dotti" fear for her wrath!!!
Old 09-18-2017, 01:02 PM   #10
DeductedCargo
LEGEND

Default LMAO FIXED IT MYSELF FREE, another issue tho

Basically, I got a new tv, plugged it in and guess what. Boom turns on and everything works perfectly fine. The problem was the tv I was using not the PS4. Good thing as well because I almost was about to buy a ps4 slim/pro. But now I got another issue... The wifi signal upstairs is not strong, I usually get 50-60mbps download and 5-10mbps upload downstairs on my ps4. Upstairs now i'm getting 1-10mbps download and 1-4 Mbps upload. Any tips or advice to boost the speed or connection will be appreciated!