Go Back   Forums > Support > Guides & Walkthroughs

Old 03-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
Sandstorm2204
SENIOR
Trade: 31   0

Default Sandstorm2204's ULTIMATE guide to Rewards1 - a MUST READ for newbies

Hello, and welcome to...

Yep, I know. What an intro. Don't judge me! D:

I'll attempt to make this Ultimate Guide as humorous as possible, while covering as much as I can. Prepare for a long read, this is big.

----------

Contents:

A: The Requirements
- I: What you'll need
- II: Points: How they work
- III: Cash: How to get some wonga
- IV: Conversions
- V: Recap of part A

B: Earning
- I: Offers and Special offers
- II: Daily Surveys
- III: Paid To Click and Tasks
- IV: Games
- V: Recap of part B

C: Redeeming
- I: Gift Cards
- II: Game Codes and Game Gold
- III: Payouts: Reclaiming that wonga
- IV: Custom Requests
- V: Recap of part C

D: Endgame - Referring
- I: This is the end
- II: Earning: Only for Pro's edition
- III: An overview on Referring
- IV: Tactics
- V: Recap of part D

E: Final Recap
- I: Requirements
- II: Earning
- III: Redeeming
- IV: Referring
- V: Ending

Each part will be covered in a separate post - this means the guide will cover 26 posts. This is a lot, but it's needed to make parts more easily accessible.

Let's do this. Ultimate guide, START!

| Ultimate Guide to Rewards1 |

Last edited by Sandstorm2204; 03-24-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Sandstorm2204
SENIOR

A: The Requirements
- I: What you'll need

To start earning on Rewards1, you don't need much: the basic requirement is a computer and an internet connection:

Check! But it helps to have some other things. As you can see here, I have a USB thumb drive plugged into my USB port. Is this because I forgot to take it out? Or that I need it for files? Hell naw! I'm using it to boost my computer's physical memory to reduce latency with my computer. Latency, or computer lag, can be extremely annoying. Plugging in a, say 4GB usb, and allocating 3.5 GB's of that with Windows ReadyBoost speeds up a system tremendously. It is worth it for doing offers - that said, you don't need to.

Oh yeah. You'll also need a Rewards1 account! But you've probably already got that. As well as the Computer part. And the internet connection...

Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Sandstorm2204
SENIOR

- II: Points: How they work

Points, R1 Points, R1P, or by their more common name, pts, are the main currency you'll find yourself earning on Rewards1. As you complete more and more things under the earn tab, you'll find that your points start to accumulate. The rate at which you earn points is entirely up to you - one day, you might do enough offers in one sitting to earn 250 points, and in another, you might earn 50 points. It depends on how you work.

Each point you earn is one cent, and these can be redeemed for prizes - either virtual, or physical items.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Sandstorm2204
SENIOR

- III: Cash: How to get some wonga

Cash! Yep, if you want it, we have it. Rewards1 offers you the opportunity to earn cash online, and while it's not as well paid as a job, you can easily pocket some nice cash. The main method of earning cash with Rewards1 is to complete a survey, cash offer, or by referring.

The top referrer on Rewards1 has earned over $12,000, and holds the record for the largest cheque cashed out - a whopping $3,000! If you haven't realized, referring is where the cash money dolla' is at - more on that later.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
Sandstorm2204
SENIOR

- IV: Conversions

You may be saying, "Haha, this is simple! I'll just convert my points to cash and make a ton of money!", but it's not that simple. I'm sorry to shatter your dream life of being a rich pimp, but that goes against the terms set down by the sponsors. I'll say it right here: You can NOT convert points to cash. However, you can convert cash to points. The ratio is $1 per 100 points.

Converting points to cash has the benefit of allowing you to get those few extra points needed for your prize. Also, while cash can not be transferred between users, points can - allowing for trade, whether it being for goods or real life money (trading points to users for money IS allowed).

Last edited by Sandstorm2204; 03-24-2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: A small typo.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Sandstorm2204
SENIOR

- V: Recap of part A

Here are the basics of this part of the guide:
  • To use Rewards1, all you need is a Computer, internet connection, and an account, although I recommend you to use the ReadyBoost function on a USB thumb drive - not just to help you on Rewards1, but for general computer peformance!
  • Points, or pts, are the main currency of Rewards1. You earn them by completing various tasks and offers around the site.
  • Cash is exactly what it says - cash. You can earn this through special ways of earning.
  • You can convert cash to points at a ratio of $1 to 100 points, but you can't convert points to cash.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #7
Sandstorm2204
SENIOR

B: Earning
- I: Offers and Special offers

Offers and Special offers - the cream of the crop. These will, undoubtedly, be your main sources of point earning. Why? I don't know, actually. It's just likely. Most offers or special offers follow a simple structure - you are given a set of instructions to follow, a link, and a point reward for completing them, or even a cash reward. I'd recommend you make a spam e-mail in case an offer requires your e-mail address.

PROTIP: Special offers are made up of various offer walls. Try different ones and see which suits you best!

Old 03-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
Sandstorm2204
SENIOR

- II: Daily Surveys

Daily Surveys are the main method of making cash. They are simple - you choose a survey panel, follow the instructions, and it'll match you with a survey. If you qualify and successfully complete the survey, you'll get paid a set amount in cash!

In my honest opinion, which for the purpose of this guide is unbiased, Daily Surveys are a great way to earn some pimp money-I mean wonga-I mean cash.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
Sandstorm2204
SENIOR

- III: Paid To Click and Tasks

First, don't rely on PTC. It's good to do occasionally, but can I personally recommend it? No. Do it if it's there to do, but don't rely on it.

Now, tasks. Tasks are very good. While it's unlikely you'll get all of your points from tasks, they can be a nice source of points. They are tasks given to you by companies that usually involve gathering data. They put you in control - how much you do, when you do it, and how you do it. I enjoy tasks. A LOT.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
Sandstorm2204
SENIOR

- IV: Games

Avoid games. They are mainly for fun, but they award points SO RARELY, that I can NOT recommend them in ANY circumstances.

Sorry for anyone who got excited at this option, but games may expand sooner or later. It's a possibility, but not being Rewards1 staff, I can't guarantee it.